Wexford Women’s Refuge provides 24hr. crisis accommodation for women and children experiencing domestic violence in their own homes.
As a method of good practice it is a Service policy to evaluate and monitor the service being provided in an effort to address the needs and progress of the client group. This procedure enables Staff to address the strengths and weaknesses of the service being provided. Basic user-friendly questions are asked regarding their experiences while in residence in the Refuge.
- All new residents must be provided with the Evaluation Questionnaire by day duty Support Staff.
- Clients are encouraged to hand in the evaluation documents to Staff on discharge.
- Staff are asked not to pressurise the residents re questionnaire.
- Staff are requested not to actively participate with the resident in completing the questionnaire except where she cannot read or write and requests support to complete the form.
- In this instance, the resident’s choice is foremost and must be respected.